|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Picky Eaters Paint (Colorful Hummus) w/ Miss Diana
Join Miss Diana in the Kitchen with Gymbo to create a nutritious rainbow that even the pickiest eater can enjoy!
This video is 8 minutes in length and is recommended for children ages 18 months to 5-years-old.
Supplies / Ingredients needed * = Optional
- 1 Can of Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 - 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced (or more if desired)
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ - ½ tsp Salt
- *1-2 tsp Tahini
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Hummus (Red):
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper
- Tomato Paste
- *½ tsp Cumin
- *¼ cup Black Beans
Sweet Carrot Hummus(Orange):
- Roasted/ Steamed Carrots
- *Cooked Sweet Potatoes
Turmeric & Curry Hummus(Yellow):
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
Spinach Basil Hummus (Green):
- Basil Leaves
Purple Sweet Potato Hummus (Purple):
- Cooked Stokes Purple Sweet Potatoes
- *A little Almond Milk as needed
- *Chia Seeds
- *½ tsp Cumin
(Please note that all ingredients can be interchangeable and one can use whatever food you have in the house. You can also use food coloring to add color instead.)
- A Food Processor
- Mixing, measuring, and cutting tools
- Containers (to store afterwards)
- Rinse out a can of Garbanzo beans.
- Squeeze lemon in a small bowl for juice (little chef can help!)
- Mince Garlic
Step 1: Once all ingredients are gathered and prepped, your little chef can help pour and measure ingredients into a food processor! By giving children the opportunity to help out in the kitchen, we involve them in building a love of healthy eating and cooking! It also helps them be a little less picky when it comes to meals.
1a) First pour in the rinsed garbanzo beans.
1b) Then add your lemon juice, water, and oil
1c) Finally add in garlic, salt, and cumin
1d) *If you would like to add a little bit more flavor with Tahini, start with 1 tsp. It can be a strong flavor that children can pick out. If your child tries and likes tahini, feel free to add 1 Tbsp to this recipe.
Step 2: Once all ingredients are in, start your food processor on low. As the mixture starts to come together, turn on high for a creamy and smooth texture.
Step 3: Once smooth, the hummus is all done! So simple! Allow your child to taste test if they would like and pour the hummus into a container to store in the fridge, or divide into separate containers/bowls to make colorful hummus!
- Mix together in the food processor hummus and 1-2 slices of roasted red pepper, tomato paste, a ¼ tsp of paprika.
- Blend until smooth and hummus turns a reddish color.
- Mix together in the food processor hummus and cooked carrots (1 large or 5or more baby carrots) and 1-2 Tbsp of cooked sweet potato. Feel free to add pepper or onion to taste.
- Blend until smooth and orange.
- You or your little chef can mix together by hand ½ - 1 tsp of turmeric powder and ¼ - ½ tsp of curry powder. Mix until the color turns yellowish.
- Mix 1 cup of spinach (or more if desired) with 1 cup of basil leaves (or more if desired) with hummus in the food processor and blend until smooth and green.
- Mix ½ a cooked stokes purple sweet potato with hummus in a food process. Add ¼ tsp of pepper to taste. If the consistency starts to get a little thick, feel free to add a little bit (start with 1 tsp) of water or almond milk to the mix.
Rent this video now and watch it as many times as you like for the next 48 hours.