|Ok, we've learned that it isn't Gymbo coming up with this stuff - it is Miss Diana! She has done it again and has another fun DIY project for you and your little one to work on at home together! |
This video is 3 minutes in length and is recommended for children 18 months to 5-years-old.
Supplies / Ingredients needed
- Plastic Bowls to mix ingredients
- Mixing Tool
- Shaving Cream
- Washable Paint / Food Coloring
Rent this video now and watch it as many times as you like for the next 48 hours.
- To begin you will need a bowl where all ingredients can be combined.
- Pour equal parts of glue and shaving cream into the bowl. Your child may get excited watching the cream puff up and want to mix!
- As your child mixes, they can add in any color of paint or squeeze a few drops of food coloring with you. Squeezing helps build fine motor strength and control!
- If you find that your mixture is too runny add more of any ingredient or try our *secret ingredient: a little flour.
- Mix only until ingredients are combined for max puffiness, and then the paint is ready to be used!
- Paint can be poured in bowls, Ziploc bags, or squeeze bottles to be used. There is no right way to use this paint. Little ones can benefit through the sensory input of finger painting with this different texture or by strengthening fine motor skills with squeeze tools.
- While your little one is creating, make sure to ask plenty of open-ended questions and describe the experience! Share with us how you and your child experience went! Also, be sure to save this recipe for today’s Create & Learn art class!
Would you like access to this video and all our videos in our library anytime you want? Sign up for our Virtual Classes Membership and receive access to ALL of our classes and activities. Best of all, you'll be able to watch them as many times as you want.
Sign up today at Gymboree.TO/Enroll